“The physician treats, but nature heals.”
Hello! And welcome to my tiny space in the World Wide Web.
My name is Yumei Silva and I am a clinical aromatherapist and trained herbalist and have been in practice for more than 15 years. In my practice, I utilize both essential oils and herbs. They are nature’s gifts to mankind.
My interest in essential oils and herbs started with personal desire to treat my family safely and naturally. I used to take my children to see their pediatricians every time they got sick. And every time they were given either over the counter medication or prescription medicines, mostly antibiotics. And most of the time, the medications offered little relief and I got frustrated and knew that there had to be a better way. Growing up in China with TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicines), it is just natural that I turned to herbs, mostly Western herbs since they are more available than Chinese herbs. And then came essential oils and hydrosols.
After I became more and more knowledgeable and confidence, I started seeing clients, helping them with various issues with great success.
A personal struggle with eczema and rosacea a few years ago shifted my focus to skin care. While doing research, I realized that so many people suffer from various skin issues and going to see dermatologists only results in temporary relief and even worse, some people suffer from steroid withdrawal syndrome. Skin issues can have some serious psychological and mental damages. And the frustration that nothing helps in the long run. And let’s not forget about the flare-ups!
Healing and curing my own eczema and rosacea while helping clients with the same issues convinced me that herbs, hydrosols and essential oils together with the drug store products without the steroid are the way to manage and even cure the skin problems.
To help people with eczema, I published a book on Amazon: Natural Eczema Skin Care
Skin issues can be very individual, each person’s skin is unique. I work with individuals to help them discover what works for their skin issue.
Forever a student of Nature:
An Aromatherapy practitioner,
- NAHA certified Professional Aromatherapist.
- Graduate of Aromahead Institute – Andrea Butje
- Graduate of Robert Tisserand’s Institute – The Therapeutic Foundations of Essential Oils and The Complete Skin Series -.
- Certified Aromatic Medicine practitioner – Jade Shute and Cathy Skipper’s Aromatic Medicine course ( how to use essential oils internally).
- Certified Aromatherapy Teacher Level 1 – Aromatic Studies and New York Institute of Aromatherapy.
An Herbal practitioner,
- Grew up with TCM in China, and has been studying TCM and Western Herbalism.
- Student of Michael Tiera’s East West School of Planetary Herbology – 2 years program – Professional Herbalist
- Studied with Matthew Wood and Sean Donahue: Holistic Herbal Evaluation: Body, Soul and Spirit
- Self study –
Michael Moore – Herbal Therapeutics and Constitutional Evaluation
– Materia Medica
Medical Herbalism – David Hoffmann
The Earthwise Herbal Repertory – Matthew Wood
The Earthwise Herbal Volume II – Matthew Wood
The Practice of Traditional Western Herbalism – Matthew Wood
The modern Herbal Dispensatory – Thomas Easley & Steven Horne
New Menopausal Years – Susun S. Weed
Join our mailing list for our expert Essential Oils & Herbs know-how and Wellness recipes.
This information is for educational purposes only, it is not intended to treat, cure, prevent or, diagnose any disease or condition. Nor is it intended to prescribe in any way. This information is for educational purposes only and may not be complete, nor may its data be accurate.