“The physician treats, but nature heals.”
My name is Yumei Silva and I am a Aromatherapy and Herbal Practitioner.
In my practice, I utilize both essential oils and herbs. They are nature’s gifts to mankind.
Essential oils achieve excellent results when addressing emotional issues, in skin care, muscle and nerve damages, respiratory issues, infectious diseases, including Candida Albicans, reproductive concerns (PMS, Menopause) and urinary tract infection.
Herbs on the other hand are better suited for internal digestion long term to achieve optimal results. Herbs can be used for both acute and chronic illnesses.
As a skilled practitioner, I look at the client as a person, not various parts. Identify the root cause is the key. Once the root cause is eliminated, the symptoms associated with it will naturally disappear.
Depending on the client’s health issues and constitution, I may focus on the essential oils or herbs or both to achieve best possible outcome for the client.
I work with individuals to help them discover their unique path to better health. Neither essential oils nor herbs are wonder cures. They are part of the holistic and wholesome approach to a healthy and happy life.
Food as medicine, medicine as food. It all starts with what a client puts in his/her body.
An Aromatherapy practitioner, I
- studied with Andrea Butje (Aromahead Institute) and completed 235 hours of Aromatherapy Certification program and 76 hour of Anatomy and Physiology.
- participated in Robert Tisserand’s seminars: The Therapeutic Foundations of Essential Oils and The Complete Skin Series and
- studied Jade Shute and Cathy Skipper’s Aromatic Medicine course ( how to use essential oils internally).
- have also completed the certification as a certified Aromatherapy Teacher Level 1 from the School for Aromatic Studies and New York Institute of Aromatherapy.
As an Herbal practitioner, I
- currently studies with Matthew Wood and Sean Donahue: Holistic Herbal Evaluation: Body, Soul and Spirit
- self study –
Michael Moore – Herbal Therapeutics and Constitutional Evaluation
– Materia Medica
Medical Herbalism – David Hoffmann
The Earthwise Herbal Repertory – Matthew Wood
The Practice of Traditional Western Herbalism – Matthew Wood
The modern Herbal Dispensatory – Thomas Easley & Steven Horne
New Menopausal Years – Susun S. Weed
This information is for educational purposes only, it is not intended to treat, cure, prevent or, diagnose any disease or condition. Nor is it intended to prescribe in any way. This information is for educational purposes only and may not be complete, nor may its data be accurate.